J.Rodriguez Law Firm, PLLC.

Jessica Y. Rodriguez Law Firm, PLLC. 10900 Northwest Fwy  Ste. 220B, Houston, TX 77092, USA
Image Alt


Where do I find a family member that was picked up by ICE?

This link can help families search for adult relatives age 18 and older who have been taken into custody by ICE. It is helpful to have the detainee’s Alien Number (A#) which is listed on both work permits and green cards. Without this information, you must know the detainee’s date of birth, country of origin and name as entered into the ICE database. Because of spelling variations, you might need to try alternate ways to spell their names.


Recently detained individuals may not have yet been entered into the online system, so you may need to keep checking.


Note: ICE currently doesn’t permit online searches for the whereabouts of minor children. To locate a minor child, initiate contact with the nearest field office of the ICE Enforcement and Removal Operations.

Should I call an Attorney if a family member has been detained by ICE?

Absolutely. The immigration system is complex and currently in a state of flux with changes frequently being made to existing regulations. Having an attorney help you navigate the system is vital. He or she can assist in locating the deportation officer involved and help ensure that your family member receives necessary medical care.

The sooner you take action in deportation cases, the better. Your family member may be deported within hours or days of detention, so waste no time.

Can my family member get an immigration bond?

It depends. Under current federal laws, only some detainees are eligible for a bail-bond. In some cases, family members may be told by ICE deportation officers that their relative has no bail-bond only because a bail-bond has yet to be determined. In other cases, the detainee may be ineligible for a bail-bond. An immigration attorney can determine which scenario applies in your loved one’s case.

Where is the immigration office in Houston?

The United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) field office in Houston is located at 810 Gears Road, Suite 100, Houston, TX 77067. Below are its office hours:


Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday – 7:15 a.m. – 3 p.m.

Closed – Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday

Note: You must have an appointment to speak to an immigration services officer or visit the office. Schedule your InfoPass appointment here.

Where is the immigration court in Houston?

In Houston, the location of the immigration court is Continental Center II, 1801 Smith Street, 9th Floor, Houston, TX 77002. Their contact number is (713) 718-3870, and their hours of operation are:  7:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. (Monday-Thursday), 7:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. (Friday). Their window closes daily for lunch from noon until 1 p.m.

When should my family member hire a immigration criminal defense Attorney?

If your family member was picked up by ICE as a result of him or her allegedly committing a crime, a criminal defense attorney may be helpful. However, if the detainee entered custody due to an administrative violation, e.g., missing prior immigration hearing dates, an attorney with immigration experience is your best bet.

If I’m in the country illegally, do I have rights after a car accident?

Yes. Your undocumented status does not preclude your receiving compensation for property damage and medical expenses related to treatment for your injuries. However, you might not be able to receive any compensation for lost wages, as you have no legal right to work here in the United States.

I was in a car accident, but I am here illegally, should I contact an Attorney?

Definitely. Your attorney can help preserve your rights to seek compensation after an auto accident. Some insurance companies try to deny claims based on an undocumented immigrant not having a Social Security number even though this policy violates the injured immigrant’s legal rights to compensation. Your attorney can help you recover the full value of your personal injury claim.

Should I speak to the other driver’s insurance company before I speak to an Attorney?

No. Because you could inadvertently answer questions in a manner that could limit the amount of compensation that you could potentially recover from your claim, it’s always advisable to consult with an attorney before speaking to an insurance company representative after an accident. Also, due to the language barrier that may be present, you may not fully comprehend the questions and should have someone available to translate each question in your native language.

Should I speak to my insurance company after an accident?

Yes, but only after seeking the counsel of an attorney who can fully advise you of your rights under the law. Failing to notify your insurance company after an accident can limit or even nullify your coverage and/or right to compensation.

Additional questions? Call (832) 767-0725